Hot on the heels of their new, high-value wide zoom, Tamron has announced a G2 update to their top-quality 15-30mm, joining their SP 24-70mm G2 and SP 70-200mm G2 to complete the “kit” of second-gen f/2.8 lenses. Auto-focus performance has been greatly enhanced, and both the coatings and lens element array have been revolutionized to make sure you can take full advantage of your awesome camera. Check out sample images and the official press release below. Click here to preorder today!
The lens will be available on September 21st with a Nikon mount and October 12th with a Canon mount. Canon users get a bonus feature which I think is pretty neat: a rear filter slot to insert gels! No more “my lens is too curved for filters” blues.
August 31, 2018, Commack, New York – Tamron announces the launch of a new high-speed ultra-wide-angle zoom lens, the SP 15-30mm F/2.8 Di VC USD G2 (Model A041), for full-frame DSLR cameras. The new model will be available in Nikon mount on September 21st and in Canon mount October 12th at a suggested retail price of $1299.
With a well-established reputation for ultra-high-quality wideangle zoom lenses with its Model A012, Tamron carries on the tradition of high optical performance with the new SP 15-30mm F/2.8 Di VC USD G2 (Model A041). By incorporating an XGM (eXpanded Glass Molded Aspherical) lens element, as well as multiple LD (Low Dispersion) lens elements, the distortion and lateral chromatic aberrations so common in wideangle shooting have been greatly minimized. Furthermore, a newly developed AX (Anti-reflection eXpand) Coating has been applied to reduce ghosting and flare more thoroughly than ever before. The optical performance in this high-speed F/2.8 ultra-wideangle zoom lens is outstanding. In addition, the built-in Dual MPU (Micro-Processing Unit) enables vastly improved AF speed and precision and image stabilization. This is a next-generation super high-quality, high-speed ultra-wideangle zoom lens with first-rate optics and a wide range of features that serve to revitalize the user’s shooting experience. With the release of this model, three of Tamron’s high-speed F/2.8 zoom lens with VC (Vibration Compensation) are now G2 (Generation 2).
- Super high-quality, high-speed, ultra-wideangle zoom lens
- Newly developed AX Coating
- High-speed, high-precision AF
- VC promises sharp images for all varieties of shooting (4.5 stops)
- Rear filter holder (Canon mount only)
- Vastly improved highly durable Fluorine Coating
- The new design provides greater operability and design consistency
- Compatible with TAMRON TAP-in ConsoleTM, an optional accessory
- Moisture-Resistant Construction
- Manufacturing innovation with thorough attention to details based on the rigorous quality standards worthy of the SP series