Check out the new tools Nikon has announced for all the relentlessly creative folks out there!
The Z 30 is a DX mirrorless ILC fine-tuned to be a vlogging/streaming beast, which should be available mid-July alone or with one or two lenses as a kit. An accompanying Creator’s Accessory Kit will follow in August if you are in search of the total kit and caboodle. Read on and pre-order below!
Also coming in mid-July is the NIKKOR Z 400mm f/4.5 VR S. This super-telephoto lens is significantly less expensive, more compact, and lighter than the NIKKOR Z 400mm F2.8 TC VR S, bringing a unique photographic experience to a much wider audience. Click here to skip ahead to the lowdown and the link to the lens.
The smallest and lightest Z camera yet, the Z 30 hides an extensive creative toolbox. It’s built around the EXPEED 6 engine (as found in the Z 7) and the same 20.9 MP sensor found in the Z fc—a solid foundation indeed. Creators can expect vibrant colors, crisply rendered.
- Max video 4K 30p
- FHD 120p slow motion
- Max video length 125 minutes
- Stereo mic with wind muff in case you don’t have your external mic handy
- USB-C PD support—record all day when plugged in
- 11 fps burst mode
- Great low-light performance; native ISO 100–51,200 and expandable to 204,800
- Autofocus system with eye recognition and intelligent object tracking
- Tally lamp (“REC light”) on front of camera for self-recording peace of mind
- Flip-out screen offers selfie controls via touch function
- In-camera time-lapse creation
- Numerous creative filters and color modes make getting the look simple
- Control remotely and share instantly with free app support
- Custom menu for personally intuitive control
- Help button built-in: learn more as you use
Naturally, the Z 30 is also optimized for live use, and supports 4K 30p streaming, FHD 60p streaming, and webcam use. When you need to take your show on the road, you can even keep the 3″ LCD screen protected by flipping it in toward the body.
If you’ve been asking yourself whether it’d be worthwhile to share your creative output with the world, this is us here telling you that it is, and it’s time.
Pssst… don’t forget the…
Ready to take your creative expression even further? Turn so pro in one go with the Creator’s Accessory Kit. The RØDE VideoMicro is probably the most important inclusion (click here for more on why you should really be using an external microphone for video), but the tripod grip and ML-L7 Bluetooth remote control will both massively boost the efficiency and versatility of your workflow. Click here to order the Creator’s Accesory Kit on its own!
Nikon has never made a 400mm prime this light (2.5 pounds!) nor this small (~9″ long). They even promise hand-holdability! While this lens is not as fast nor built the same as the f/2.8 version, Nikon hasn’t compromised on quality (even with a 5-digit difference in price). Everything promised by the S-Line designation—superior sharpness, resolution, and bokeh—is to be found here, and extensive weathersealing means your photography can be as fearless as your images are excellent. The VR offers 5.5 stops of shake compensation (or 6 on a Z 9) and the autofocus is driven by the efficient, accurate, and speedy STM motor. Add a 1.4x or 2.0x teleconverter for even more unbelievable handheld reach. Click here to pre-order yours today!