OM Digital officially took on Olympus’ consumer photo division at the beginning of 2021 and we have been eagerly awaiting a look at the future of the OM-D line. As of today, we have a release date for their first imaging product: the M.Zuiko Digital ED 8–25mm f/4.0 PRO.
The lens was announced on a roadmap last July and is slated for availability in the real world on July 9th, 2021. Weighing in at just under a pound and about 3.5″ long, the 8–25mm promises pro performance in a compact carryaround casing. With a 16–50mm 35mm equivalent field of view and a reasonably short 9″ minimum focusing distance (at all focal lengths), this little one covers a very versatile range of worldviews.
- 7-blade circular aperture
- Fast MSC AF system
- VCM (voice coil motor) image stabilization
- 16 elements including 1 DSA lens, 2 Aspherical ED lenses, 1 Super ED lens, 1 ED lens, 1 Super HR lens, 1 HR lens, 1 HD lens
- ZERO (Zuiko Extra-low Reflection Optical) and fluorine coatings
- L-Fn button and MF clutch
- Dust- and splash-proof construction