Revealed today, Fuji’s high-end APS-C series has a fresh-new face. The X-T4 will be available body-only or in a kit with either the XF 16-80mm f/4 R OIS WR or XF 18-55mm f/2.8-4 R LM OIS. All three options are live for pre-orders now, and should start shipping at the end of April!
Noteworthy new features
- 26.1 MP X-Trans CMOS 4 sensor powered by an X-Processor 4 quad-core imaging engine.
- A redesigned 5-axis IBIS system rated at 6.5 stops of stabilization, in addition to a new 4-axis digital stabilization system.
- A new, high-capacity battery system promises charges that last about 50% (!) longer; with two batteries in the optional vertical grip, you can shoot nearly 2,000 frames before needing a charge.
- Video improvements: 4K/60p/10bit max quality, 240p max frame-rate, dedicated movie mode offering easy Q-button adjustments, removable SD card door, improved LCD resolution.
- Durable shutter rated up to 300,000 actuations and blasting through 15 fps.
- Improved AF system capable of tracking in as little light as -6EV.
- Vari-angle LCD is visible from just about any angle, and can be hidden when light would be distracting.
- New film simulation mode: ETERNA Bleach Bypass, which should excite every film-lover with an experimental edge. The desaturated, high-contrast look is stunning and unique.
The X-T4 looks to be a worthy successor to 2018’s formidable X-T3, and we’re excited that you’ll only have to wait a couple months to get your hands on it. Make sure you don’t end up having to wait even longer—get your name on the pre-order list now!
Join us on March 13th at our Colorado Springs location or March 14th at our Boulder location for special pre-release preview events. Due to precautionary measures being taken globally, these events have been cancelled. We apologize for the inconvenience, but want our reps, employees, and customers to stay as healthy as possible!
In case you missed it….
In other new Fujifilm news, the X100V is the fifth generation in a series that changed the whole game. The latest iteration features a higher-resolution, back-side illuminated sensor and offers 4K and slo-mo video, improved AF performance, faster burst mode, a vastly-improved EVF, a tilting display, a new processor, and more. There are even two film simulation modes new to the X100 line! The silver version will be available this week; the black version will follow shortly after. Click here to order today.